This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a telecommunications establishment, department or facility. They are employed by wired, wireless, satellite and other telecommunications carriers.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a telecommunications establishment, department or facility
- Consult with senior managers to establish policies concerned with the development, operation and maintenance of telecommunications services
- Direct and control telecommunications traffic volume and flow within assigned area, through subordinate supervisors and technical staff
- Analyze and evaluate telecommunications installation, operation and maintenance services and make recommendations for improvement
- Ensure compliance with telecommunications regulations and directives of government regulatory agencies
- Liaise with representatives of related or connecting companies to resolve joint telecommunications problems and ensure efficient telecommunications system operations
- Recruit personnel and oversee their training.
Educational requirements: Post-secondary degree such as a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, telecommunications, electrical engineering or related field.
Experience: Minimum of five years of related work experience in telecommunications role required. Minimum of three years of management experience.
Job requirements: Plan, organize, control, and organization’s telecommunications operations. Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures for installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining telecommunications equipment and related processes. Manage telecommunications staff and related professionals. Manage operational expense budgets and develop cost-saving measures. Knowledge of wired, wireless, satellite, and other telecommunications required. Knowledge of emerging technologies such as mobile apps and services strongly preferred. Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills to manage staff and ensure compliance with telecommunications regulations.
National average salary in this occupation is currently $64,800
Demand-supply imbalances of talent and skills are not expected to affect Telecommunications services/operations/facilities managers, with decreasing demand for talent in the next 5 years.