What it is
ICTC’s Ambassador Program aims to support women in leadership positions and promote gender equity within the digital economy. The Ambassador Program provides employers with key tools to support women in their organization. The program, specifically tailored to the challenges faced by women in tech roles in Canada’s digital economy, will help guide your organization implement processes to support, attract, and retain women in your organization.
What does the program include?
- An assessment tool to help your organization create a customized plan to increase gender.
- An online hub that compiles relevant gender equity strategies and resources equity in your policies and procedures.
- Coaching and mentorship provided by key industry champions with business and women empowerment acumen across Canada.
- Expert-led in-person and virtual conferences, workshops, and networking opportunities.
Contact our Program Coordinator, Vanessa Thomas for more information at [email protected]
Why it matters
The program is free and self-paced, allowing you to increase support for women according to your organization’s capacity and in your own time.
What’s in it for you?
- Get concrete strategies to support, attract, and retain gender-diverse staff in your organization using inclusive gender practices.
- Hear firsthand workplace stories and lived experiences from senior leaders in the tech industry as well as founders or leads in gender equity support organizations.
- Build your network across Canada’s tech ecosystem and connect with women and men committed to making actionable changes for gender equity.
- Grow yourself as a gender equity ally by creating a more supportive and inclusive workplace.
Digital Think Tank, the research arm of ICTC, recently released a report entitled Gender Equality in Canada’s Tech Ecosystem. The research findings form the base of the Ambassador Program. Read the report: https://www.digitalthinktankictc.com/reports/gender-equity-in-canadas-tech-ecosystem
Who is eligible
- Applications must be from a registered Canadian business or not-for-profit organization.
- Your organization must be in the technology industry and/or offer tech related roles (includes a digital or technology component and uses technology in some capacity).
- The applicant must be based in the Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, or Halifax area for in-person activities or anywhere in Canada for virtual activities.