What it is
Are you a newcomer with an ICT background looking for work?
Or an employer looking for skilled talent and could benefit from a wage subsidy?
Funded by the Government of Canada, iAdvance Pathways provides career coaching and accelerates the employment prospects for internationally educated professionals (IEPs) that are unemployed and underemployed in Canada, while simultaneously helping Canada’s industries accelerate their digital advantage, and further expand their employment prospects.
*Please note that registration does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
Why it matters
iAdvance Pathways assists employers by providing wage subsidies for hiring skilled newcomers, as well as by providing upskilling opportunities and best practices techniques for recruiting, hiring, and integrating internationally educated professionals.
Contact us to learn more!
Who is eligible
Participant Eligibility Criteria
- Be a Newcomer to Canada (landed in Canada within the last 5 years)
- Be a Permanent resident of Canada or Canadian Citizen or a person for whom refugee protection has been bestowed under the Immigration Refugee and Protection Act, and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Be a resident of Ontario, Nova Scotia, British Columbia, or Alberta, Canada
- Is unemployed or underemployed at the time of the application
- Have ability to commit to complete the six-month program
- Hold a Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field.
- Have a Language level CLB7 or higher
Employer Eligibility Criteria
- Be a registered business in the Province of Ontario, Nova Scotia, British Columbia, or Alberta
- Located in the Province of Ontario, Nova Scotia, British Columbia, or Alberta
- Be a company in the Canada’s digital/ICT industry
- Willingness to provide a work integrated learning placement for iAdvance Pathways
- Willing to hire the participant as an employee on payroll
- Abide by all the Labour standard Laws of the province of Ontario, Nova Scotia, British Columbia, or Alberta
- Have Comprehensive Liability Insurance