Computer and information systems managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of organizations that analyze, design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
Sample Job Titles
- Software Engineering Manager
- Management Information System (MIS) Manager
- IT Integration Manager
- Computer Networks Manager
- Data Processing Manager
- Computer Application Development Manager
- Internet Systems Administrator
- Network Design
- Electronic Data Processing (EDP) Manager
- Information Systems Manager
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) departments and companies
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development
- Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Assemble and manage teams of information systems personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
- Control the budget and expenditures of the department, company or project
- Recruit and supervise computer analysts, engineers, programmers, technicians and other personnel and oversee their professional development and training.
Post-secondary degree in information systems management, computer science, business or related field.
Minimum of five years of related work experience, with more typically required. Industry-specific experience and knowledge generally preferred.