Information systems analysts and consultants conduct research, develop and implement information systems development plans, policies and procedures, and provide advice on a wide range of information systems issues. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
Sample Job Titles
- Artificial Intelligence Analyst/Consultant
- Business Systems Analyst
- Computer Analyst
- Electronic Data Processing (EDP) Auditor
- Enterprise Architect
- IT Business Analyst
- Software QA Analyst
- Systems Analyst/Consultant
- Systems Security Analyst
- Interactive Media Consultant
- Information systems business analysts and consultants confer with clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.
- Systems security analysts confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware, and develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.
- Information systems quality assurance analysts develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.
- Systems auditors conduct independent third-party reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software products and information systems.
Post-secondary degree or diploma in business, information systems and related fields.
Minimum of three-to-five years of related work experience with documented track record in developing and implementing new products and services within an organization.